The Apartment Building Owners and Managers Association
Founded in 1937, ABOMA has effectively represented and served the high-rise residential property industry in the Chicago area. ABOMA is a not-for-profit Association whose officers and directors serve on a voluntary basis.
ABOMA Represents Over 600 High-Rise and Walk-Up Residential Buildings Located in the Chicago Area, containing over 400,000 units with over 600,000 owners and residences. Approximately 60% are Condominium or Co-operative in Nature and 40% are Rental Buildings.
Our Association objectives are:
- To facilitate the exchange of ideas regarding the design, construction, management, operations and maintenance of high-rise residential buildings.
- To render advice and assistance to its members with respect to personnel.
- To engage in collective bargaining on behalf of member buildings which have designated the Association as it's bargaining representative.
- To consider and act with reference to legislation, taxation and other public matters of interest to building managers and owners.
- To promote the welfare and interest of the members of the Association and industry by all lawful means.
Some of the many benefits of being an ABOMA member are:
- Participation in ABOMA Labor Agreements
- SEIU Local 1
- Covering janitorial employees in high-rise and walk-up residential buildings.
- Covering doormen and receiving room employees in high-rise residential buildings
- Teamsters Local 727
- Covering parking garage employees in residential buildings
- SEIU Local 1
- ABOMA / SEIU Local 1 Employee Training
Only Building Members may be part and party to the Labor Contracts negotiated by the Association.
- Networking Opportunities
- Association events and seminars with
networking opportunities to:
- ABOMA Supplier Members
- Building Owners
- Building Managers
- Management Supervisors
- Condominium Boards
- Management Companies
- Association events and seminars with networking opportunities to:
ABOMA programs and services are only available to ABOMA members.